Saturday 6 June 2009

I Do Still Love You

You cast a spell on my heart
And showed me a love indescribable
You brought to light a tenderness within
I was never aware existed

You allowed me to dream of a love for you and I
That is as improbable as it is true
Because, we were always worlds apart
In almost every way imaginable

But I do still love you
In only the purest of ways
And hold a prayer in my heart
For the elements to watch over you -

Let the rain shower you with glory
And drench you in its joy
Touch you with each drop, and spread
The bliss of life within you.

Let the sun shine down in bundles
And surround you in its peace
Fill your being with warmth and calm
And protect you like a shield.

Let the winds carry you on their wings
And fly you far beyond your dreams
Breathe the love of the world to you
And always lift you in times of need.

Let the earth never forsake you
And catch you if you should fall
And always hold you close to its heart
And be your unwavering support.

Your life will have no place for doubt
For you are special, as you are loved
Protected like a child from all evil
You will forever prosper, undefeated.

Call upon your heart within
It will always glow with my love
You will never feel alone with this force
And it will abolish all your fears

You will always glisten from your soul
I'll see your light from unfathomable distances
You may be distant, as distant as can be
But I'll always be tuned in, should you call

You may not evoke me to your mind
But I will constantly be praying for you
Because I do still love you
And I will for all eternity.

No comments:

Post a Comment